Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is aimed at individuals aged 19+ wishing to extend their occupational competence as professionals within the health and social care and children and young people’s sectors and who are working as care managers or advanced practitioners within these sectors.
This qualification contains 6 pathways. Learners must select one of these pathways depending on their role and the type of care provision they work in.
- Children and young people’s residential management*
- Children and young people’s management
- Children and young people’s advanced practice
- Adults’ residential management
- Adults’ management; and
- Adults’ advanced practice.
* This pathway is no longer the required qualification for managers of residential childcare settings. As of the 5th January 2015, the required qualification for managers working in residential childcare and young people’s residential childcare services is the HABC Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (England) (QCF).
How long will it take?
To complete this qualification learners should expect to undertake between 586 guided learning hours.
These include systems that promote communication, professional development, equality, diversity and inclusion, health and safety and risk management policies, procedures and practices in health and social care or children’s and young people’s settings, partnership in health and social care or children’s and young people’s settings and a research project within services for health and social care or children and young people.
This qualification is assessed by a portfolio of evidence.